Other products by NOW
Item #: 1278
Reg. Price: $29.99
Our Price: $26.00

Description  more details

Magnesium & Calcium - 250 Tabs
This reverse ratio formula is designed to provide higher levels of Magnesium for those who desire the nerve, muscle and bone supporting effects of this essential mineral. Zinc and Magnesium are involved in hundreds of enzyme systems in the body.

Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body, with about 99 percent contributing to bone structure. The remaining 1 percent of calcium plays numerous roles, including normal heart rhythm, muscle contraction, nerve transmission, signaling and communication between cells, as well as hormone secretion. Having inadequate calcium or absorption problems in your body increases your risk of osteoporosis, a condition in which the breakdown of bones exceeds formation, causing weak and brittle bones.

Keep your bones healthy and support these functions by ingesting adequate amounts of calcium, about 1,000 mg daily for the average adult, according to the Office of Dietary Supplements. Calcium works side by side with vitamin D, a fat soluble vitamin that aids in absorption.

60 percent of the magnesium in your body supports bones, while the rest of it it supports muscle and cell functions. You need adequate magnesium to aid in the absorption and metabolism of calcium, says Dr. Carolyn Dean the Medical Director of the Nutritional Magnesium Association. Magnesium stimulates calcitonin, a hormone that preserves bone structure by pulling calcium out of the blood and back into the bones. Additionally, magnesium helps convert vitamin D into an active form, known as calcitriol, so that it can help your body absorb calcium.

Benefits of Magnesium & Calcium:
  • Maintains strong bones and healthy teeth.

  • Helps prevent osteoporosis to reduce the risk of fractures later in life.

  • May help reduce high blood pressure.

  • Plays a role in relieving symptoms of PMS.

  • Helps alleviate insomnia.

  • Supports colon health.

  • Good for adolescents and post-menopausal women.

  • Aids function of nerves and muscles, including regulation of normal heart rhythm.

  • Maintains steady metabolism.

  • Conducts nerve impulses.

Nutrition Info
Serving Size: 3 Tablets -Servings Per Container: 83
 Amount Per Serving% Daily Value
Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol)  200 IU   50% 
Calcium (from 750 mg Ca Carbonate, 200 mg Ca Aspartate, 200 mg Ca Lysinate  400 mg   40% 
and 200 mg CA Citrate)     
Magnesium (from 1000 mg Mg Oxide, 300 mg Mg Aspartate, 300 mg Taurinate,  800 mg   200% 
300 mg Mg Glycinate and 300 mg Mg Citrate     
Zinc (from L-OptiZinc® Monomethionine)  15 mg   100% 


Serving Size: 1 Tablet

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 3 tablets daily, preferably with meals or at bedtime.

Free of: sugar, salt, yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg or preservatives.

Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Maltodextrin, Stearic Acid, Croscarmellose Sodium, Silica, Magnesium, Stearate and Vegetable Coating.

Warnings: None




Be the first to submit a review on this product!
Review and Rate this Item

Other Items In This Category

NOW Magnesium Citrate Caps, 120 Vcaps
Our Price: $15.00
Retail Price: $20.00
NOW Magnesium & Calcium, Reverse ratio, 100 tabs
Our Price: $10.99
Retail Price: $14.99
NOW Magnesium Malate, 1000mg, 180 tabs
Our Price: $14.99
Retail Price: $19.99